On October 20, 2011, in conjunction with Arnold Palmer’s return to the island for the grand opening of Wexford’s Arnold Palmer Signature Course, Hilton Head Island Mayor Drew Laughlin proclaimed the day to be “Arnold Palmer Day.”
According to Mayor Laughlin, “Our town and community are committed to excellence in all that we do…and nothing exemplifies this better than Arnold Palmer and Wexford’s new golf course.
That day was incredibly special to all here at Wexford, as we greeted Palmer and welcomed him into our community. As we look back at his life, we cherish the time he spent here, and will cherish those memories for forever.
Beginning this month, we started a 3-month Tech Hour Tuesday series, held on the third Tuesday of the month. Yesterday was our first session, which covered EVERYTHING available on the Member’s Only portion of the site.
Our website is one of the main sources of communication to the membership – so it’s important for you to feel comfortable logging in and navigation. The Member’s Only site contains the following:
- Mission, Vision & Strategic Plan
- Member Statements
- Member Directory (with the ability to upload your profile picture!)
- Online Guest Passes
- Dining Menus
- Reservations – Dining, Tee Times, Tennis Court, Croquet Lawn
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation & Phone Numbers for each Department
- Policies & Fees
- Security Forms – Pet Registration, Event Notification, Request for Home Inspection & more!
- Event Calendar – including details and links for reservations
- Club Times monthly newsletter
- eBlast Archives (missed an email, no worries!!)
- Board Members, Committee Members, Committee Charters
- General Manager’s Monthly Report
- Quarterly Financial Statements
- Member Message Board – trying to sell some furniture, find a reference for a house painter, find a babysitter? Check it out!
- Member Comment Form
- Clubs & Groups within Wexford – ETC, 3D Discussion, Book Club, Bridge, Mah Jongg, Croquet, Wexford Cares, WWGA, Wexford Wellness, Wexford Foundation
Here’s the lineup for our next two Tech Tuesdays:
Social Media, Part 1: Facebook
Social Media, Part 2: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram & more!
Have you seen this month’s Hilton Head Monthly? It’s their annual City Guide issue, featuring all things Lowcountry- from the beaches to the culture to the recreation to the communities! The reasons why locals pick Hilton Head to call home.
This month’s issue includes a Lowcountry Living section, highlighting a number of planned communities throughout the area. There you’ll find Wexford Plantation!
Also be sure to check out the At Home section, featuring a Wexford Home (beginning on page 150).
If you haven’t already, pick up your copy of the September Hilton Head Monthly today!